The holidays are here once again and this year is no different than the ones before. It is a scramble to the finish line and it’s time to cross those last names off my holiday gift list. Congrats to you if you are already done and wrapped, but I can’t say the same for myself. To help you out, I have rounded up some local gifts and retails shops that you should consider for quick, easy and unique gifts, plus you are supporting the local community by shopping small this season.
1. If shopping for your man, definitely stop into London Phillips for some awesome finds. London Phillips has some of the best men’s fashion in the area. You can pick a signature piece from the new Gant Rugger collection or a staple weekender from Jack Spade to elevate his style. Don’t know what to pick? No worries, grab a gift card so he can come back and shop himself. Plus there is always the whiskey bar so he can browse with a fresh cocktail. Don’t forget to mention that!
2. Need a break from the crowded, busy parking lots of the sprawling malls? Then stop into the Blind Tiger Cafe in Ybor city and pick up an All-American gift from Black & Denim. Two birds with one stone; you are supporting a local cafe and brand. The Blind Tiger has fresh brewed coffee, tea and pastries. You can stay a while, catch up on some work, dive into a good book all while enjoying a fresh brew… that is before you check off another gift on your list. For a friend that loves the local flavor, pick up an exclusive Ybor Snapback Cap or a fresh new leather wallet.
3. A unique find from RareHues will make you the talk of the party. We cleaned up the first time we stepped into the store. You can find a small replica of the Empire State Building in our guest room and a reclaimed wood display with succulents on our dining buffet. This is the perfect location to pick up some art, jewelry, decor or accessories for someone you love. Prices range from low to high, so if there is someone you want to spend a little extra on this year, consider stopping here.
4. A pick me up from our favorite local coffee shop, Buddy Brew Coffee. Stop in here to stock up on some freshly roasted beans, a new mug for a bestie, or (my favorite) a #DoGoodBrewGood t-shirt. Buddy Brew went a step further and stocked some items just for the holiday season including some uniquely packaged peppermint bark.
5. Shop Juxtapose! For your convenience, you can stop in Hyde Park Village or at the new location at The Sundial in St Pete. It’s a small shop, but filled with tons of exclusive brands from apparel to beauty for all the women on your list. A candle is always a great hostess gift and Juxtapose even has one that smells like their store! So take a deep breath, because Juxtapose is here to save the day.
6. Want something hand made? KiDesigns has it- a holiday mug, a game day wreath or one of the many drinkware options. Kimy makes all the designs by hand and does a fantastic job. You can even email her for some custom work, but for the sake of timing you may want to stick to something on the site. What’s so great about these? You can throw the mugs and glasses in the dishwasher because Kimy bakes them. No extra work for a custom piece. Not to mention you will have a one of a kind gift that people will remember.
7. If all else fails… FOOD. Pick up a some fresh made sauce from Bavaro’s Pizza Napoletana & Pasteria downtown or some hot sauce from Datz’s spawn Roux. How about showing up to the party with some fresh baked cupcakes from Sweet Tooth Cakery or a gift card to my favorite Fruitwood Standup Market?
Happy Shopping! #ShopLocal