It’s here, that’s right, its time to finalize those gifts for all your family and loved ones. We know how it is though, as much as you try to plan or think you are done, there is always more. That is why we have put together some of Tampa Bay’s best local gifts that you can go pick up now, all while supporting the local economy.
For our second annual last minute local gift guide we pulled out all the stops and found the most unique, personal and memorable gifts the area has to offer (well at least in our opinion). If you want to be the girlfriend, bff or coworker that delivers the most talked about gift this season… here are our top 7 that will make it possible.
1. A hand poured soy candle from Seventh Ave Apothecary Candles– We met fifth generation family owners Jessica Pesano and Erin Grossman at Oxford Exchange’s Holiday Blogger Event, and we knew then that their candles would make this list. All Seventh Avenue Apothecary candles are poured by hand in small batches right in Ybor City. The soy wax that is used is actually renewable, Kosher, made in the USA and supports the American farmer. This is our pick for best hostess gift but great for any relative or best friend.
Shop their Holiday 2013 Collection NOW!
2. A hand crafted wood bow tie from Ella Bing Bow Ties– Their handcrafted wood bow ties are sure to be a conversation piece from the second your hubby, brother or cousin open your gift, but especially when they arrive at their next work or family function. It’s not often that you come across a piece of fashion so unique, especially one in your own backyard. The wood bow ties are their signature but they also hand make cloth bow ties with innovative twists. We first encountered the unique offering at High Cotton Living in Hyde Park Village. Head there to pick one up or visit their online store.
Check out this video that shows the making of a wood bow tie…
3. Anything for that southern belle in your life from High Cotton Living– This place holds true to that southern feel with a strong collection of American made products and a truly unique assortment. The store carries everything from home goods and clothing to jewelry and more. High Cotton Living features fashion brands like Judith March and Collard Greens that aren’t accessible everywhere so its sure to be a great gift. They also carry great gifts for the Florida sports fans in your life, unique jewelry pieces for your loved ones and much much more…
Purchase online before Dec 21 and have the gift by Christmas or stop into the store anytime!
4. A t-shirt from Cigar City Clothing Co.– This independently owned street wear brand has its roots (literally) in Tampa. These clothes are all about making you feel comfortable and fresh while rocking a unique limited run product. My favorite is the t-shirt below but there are many more options for men and women.
5. A gift card to the Epicurean Hotel– It’s the talk of the town so gift an “experience” card to any local on your gift list. It is sure to leave a lasting impression.
6. A manly gift from Oxford Exchange– Oxford Exchange made last year’s gift guide so it goes to show you that they have a great selection of curated items. This year it made the list because sometimes it can be hard to shop for the men in your life. There are an assortment of manly men books, toiletries, ties… something is sure to call out to you.
7. A local jewel from Arjuna Living– Every woman (well almost) loves a good piece of jewelry for their collection. Arjuna Living sells some unique pieces made from local designers. When you stop in you may even be tempted to pick up a little something for yourself from their beauty or clothing assortments. Better yet, make an appointment for you and your girlfriend to come back for a skin care treatment.
Hopefully this helps round off your list! Shopping local supports the local economy and helps keep your favorite places in business.