Its coming down to the wire with only 7 shopping days until Christmas. Well, we thought we would help out. Don’t spend a fortune paying expediting fees or waste hours in the mall waiting on lines and trying to find the best deal. Try something different and shop for one of these awesome local shops for the perfect gift.
1. Guacamole Kit from Flamestone American Grill ($89)- A unique gift that brings a family together plus it comes with some awesome recipes and a gift certificate towards a visit to the restaurant or their sister location.
“Give the Gift of Guac! Guacamole “Kits” are now available, including a lava rock molcajete, lime juice Squeezer, My Guac Rocks apron, recipe book & a $10 gift card to Besa and Flamestone. All for $89. Give the gift of Guac this season! Call for details- (813) 814-7778.
2. Traveler’s Journals & Maps from Oxford Exchange – Everyone has that friend that is on a different continent each month or a new city every week. Although we may be envious of that person, they would enjoy a fun colored journal or LUXE map of a new city. Buy them a city you know they visit often or catch there interest by picking up a new destination.
Plus its another reason to get over to Oxford Exchange. The store also has a an awesome collection of other great home accessories, jewelry, furniture and more.
3. The perfect piece from Urban Body Clothing– This 12 year men’s retail staple in Hyde Park offers a variety of precisely curated clothes and accessories. This past year they started offering an array of women’s fashion and accessories as well. The great thing about this place is that it only brings in 5 pieces of each item so you are sure to have a unique gift or a new addition to your wardrobe. I didn’t have a problem picking up this brand new leather coat and it probably helped that they wer serving wine.
“Urban Body specializes in athletic fits, unique designs, and limited quantities. We have a terrific selction of denim, casual wear, club wear, swimwear, underwear, footwear, hats and accessories. We promise that when you stop by the store you will receive superior service from a staff that knows how to size up your body type and put you in the best fit that flatters your build and coloring. It is more than a clothing store. Come in and sit at our fashion bar with a cool beverage and discover why Urban Body Clothing is a fun and memorable fashion experience.”
4. VIP giftcard to Ciccio & Tony’s Restaurant Group (The Lodge, Daily Eats, The Lime, Cicco & Tony’s, Water) – It’s tough to pick just one great restaurant for a giftcard, not with Ciccio & Tony’s. With a VIP giftcard your present doesn’t lock mom and dad into one place. This restaurant chain has six locations, all with a fun and exciting twist on cuisine and atmosphere.
5. MacDinton’s TShirt – Spending too much time at the bar? Well you are not the only one. MacDinton’s is everyone’s favorite local bar any night of the week. So spread some holiday cheer and get your roommate, best friend or whoever you sing karaoke with on Thursday night a commemorative tshirt of their good times spent at MacDinton’s. Plus, its a perfect stocking stuffer.
6. Whoopie Pies from Mama’s Whoopie Pies – My first encounter with this company was a few weeks ago at the Curtis Hixon park during the tree lighting. It was one of many vendors at the event and I was immediately drawn in for a delicious $2 S’mores Whoopie Pie and then went back for a Chocolate Chip. Be the talk of the party if you show up with an order of these or cozy up with the family around the tree any enjoy with a festive cocktail. Just visit their website and place a local order.
7. Classes to Bar Method ($99)- This new fad has taken over the fitness scene and Tampa is no novice to it. Bar Method has been offering free classes for months now and will officially open in January. What better gift for your girlfriend or the fitness guru in your life? Nothing compares to 6 weeks at just $99. Find out more about the options and sign up so the recipient has a reason to keep there New Year’s resolution.
And just in case you don’t know what Bar Method is… “The Bar Method is a total body workout that combines isometrics, dance conditioning, interval training and sports rehab to create a long, lean sculpted body.”
8. A beautiful arrangement from Bay Bouquet – A flower bouquet is a classic gift for grandma, mom or that special someone. You never want to show up empty handed so swing by and pick up a Christmas Bouquet or pre-order something more personal. Located just outside downtown on W Platt St, this central location provides an easy stop over anywhere you may be headed.
9. A Money to Blow giftcard for BlowBar ($35)- Nothing says its the holidays like a calendar full of parties, networking events and corporate gatherings. No matter the occasion it is always a time consuming for any women to get ready. Pamper her with not having to spend hours getting ready and have someone do the work for her. Make her have the show stopping entrance she has always dreamed of without all the time spent getting ready.
10.Top any gift off with Toffee to Go ($10 for 1/4 lb)- Named by Colin Cowie as one of his top hostess gifts because of their spectacular taste. This affordable gift is great as an office present, host or hostess gift, or a sweet and savory dessert. Just make sure you pick up enough to go around.
I hope these gifts help you finish up your shopping list and inspire you to search in your own neighborhood for some wholesome gifts. You will end up having a present with a story and a meaning. Isn’t that what the holidays are about? Sharing good conversation and time with family and friends.
Let me know if you happen to pick up any of these awesome items.
Thanks for checking it out- Ryan